Quarantine Exemption for Individuals Who Were Fully Vaccinated Overseas
1. Criteria for a person to be considered as fully vaccinated overseas
- The person enters Korea 2 weeks after receiving all the recommended inoculations of vaccines that have been authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization in the same country (i.e Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Sinopharm, Sinovac)
- If the person is fully vaccinated in country A, he/she may only apply for quarantine exemption in country A. Upon receiving the Quarantine Exemption Certificate in country A, he/she must depart from country A to Korea.
2. Quarantine Exemption Categories (Fully vaccinated person overseas)
Those who need to attend funeral of immediate family members (spouse, parents (grandparents), spouse’s parents (grandparents), sons or daughters (grandchildren), sibling, spouse’s sibling) (14 days)
[New] Those who need to visit immediate family members (spouse, parents (grandparents), spouse’s parents (grandparents), sons or daughters (grandchildren)
3. Application and Issuance of Quarantine Exemption Certificate
A person who intends to enter Korea for important business / academic or public interest / humanitarian reasons (Funeral attendance, Visiting immediate family members (Siblings are not eligible) after completing vaccination overseas for more than 2 weeks.
Unvaccinated children below the age of 6 who are accompanying the quarantine exempted person to enter Korea may also apply.
We will only accept the application through email only.
Please send an application and the required documents in one attachment (PDF) via email to (email@example.com)
Email subject format: Quarantine Exemption Application_Applicant’s name_Departure Date
For example; Quarantine Exemption Application_SOMCHAI JAIDEE_10 JUL 2021
We will issue 4 copies of the certificate to bring to Korea (① Own possession, ② Submission to quarantine officials, ③ Submission to immigration officers, ④ Submission to temporary facility while waiting for PCR test result).
When to apply:
4. The Required Documents (may be subjected to change)
Valid passport (For the foreigner, a visa needs to be valid)
Certificate of vaccination (Vaccine Passport) issued from the Department of Disease Control
For more information, please contact the Department of Disease Control at +66-2-521-1668, +66-2-951-1170-79 ext. 3430, +66-2-590-3232, 3234-35
Official family relations certificate (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.) to prove relationship between applicant and immediate family member staying in Korea (Documents needs to be notarized by Thai Consular Affairs)
Copy of Alien Registration Card (ARC), Proof of residence in Korea, etc.
5. PCR test requirement
Please note that information on this page may be subjected to changes