New Entry/Quarantine Procedures for Individuals who Completed COVID-19 Vaccination in Korea
New entry and quarantine procedures are applied to incoming travelers to Korea who were fully vaccinated in Korea, starting May 5. Please note that the entry and quarantine procedures below do not apply to individuals that were fully vaccinated outside of Korea, and the 14-day quarantine requirement remains in place.
✔ The Quarantine/Entry Procedure is applicable to individuals (Korean Nationals & Long-Term Foreign Residents) who completed the COVID-19 vaccination in Korea and meet all of the following conditions when entering the country.
1) Received all the recommended inoculation in Korea, depart Korea after 14 days of the vaccination completion*, and entering the country afterward
* People are considered to have completed vaccination when they received the second dose in a 2-does series or a single dose vaccine.
2) After entering Korea, test negative for COVID-19 and be asymptomatic
* For example, if the vaccination completion date is May 1st, for travelers departing the Republic of Korea from May 1st-15th do not meet the applicable requirement, and travelers who depart from May 16th meets the applicable requirement.
✔ The individuals that meet the aforementioned conditions are exempt from the quarantine requirement and required to self-monitor for any symptoms for 14 days instead.
✔ Also they are required to take two additional COVID-19 diagnostic tests.
(1st Test) Within 6th-7th days of entry
(2nd Test) Within 12th-13th days of entry
✔ The entry and quarantine procedures for these individuals are as follows.
1) Present the vaccination verification documents or an electronic certificate (COOV App) to a quarantine officer and receive the confirmation sticker on the passport
2) Install the Self-Quarantine App and get the immigration records checked to receive a Quarantine Notice
3) ▲ Those who submitted a negative COVID-19 PCR test result when they enter Korea
☞ Get a COVID-19 diagnostic test within a day of entry at a public health center.
▲ Those who did not submit a negative COVID-19 PCR test result when they enter Korea
☞ Get a COVID-19 diagnostic test within a day of entry at the temporary living facility.*
* Those who fail to submit negative COVID-19 PCR test results are responsible for the expense of staying at the temporary living facility.
4) After testing negative for the COVID-19 diagnostic test, a traveler will be exempted from quarantine requirement and need to self-monitor for symptoms.
5) Take two additional COVID-19 diagnostic tests within 6-7 days and 12-13 days of entry.
✔ The Quarantine/ Entry Procedural Information above is for travelers departing from the United States of America. Travelers departing from other than USA are advised to acquire information from the Republic of Korea Embassy based on their departure location(country of origin).
Attached File: Entry procedure for the travelers who completed COVID-19 vaccination in Korea. End.