* NOTE *
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING NOTICE CAREFULLY.
If your email inquiry is already stated on the notice, We might not be able to answer you.
Korean ancestry applicants may be required additional nationality documents(기본증명서, 제적등본, 가족관계증명서) to verify dual citizenship. (Proof of loss of nationality, renunciation of nationality, etc.)
- Please check your dual citizenship status with your parents.
*If you have dual citizenship, you are not eligible to apply for a visa. (You may issue a Korean Passport instead.)
There are several steps to apply for a visa. The order of these steps and how you complete them may vary by Korean Embassy or Consulate. Please consult the instructions on the embassy or consulate website where you reside. The head of Korean diplomatic missions abroad may request for additional documents depending on the condition of the country of residence/jurisdiction if it is deemed necessary for visa evaluation.
○ A person who plans to visit Korea on the purpose of travel for holidays or leisure can apply for this visa.
*MUST have a valid U.S. long-term visa (B1/B2 is not applicable) or U.S. permanent residence.
○ If your countries are eligible for K-ETA, use it instead of this visa. (Click)
○ In general, This type of visa can not change to other types in Korea.
1) Application Form (*Attached)
2) Photo (in color, passport-sized, taken within the last 6 months)
3) Original Passport & a copy (Valid for more than 6 months)
- (If you are not a U.S. citizen) Original Valid U.S.Long-term Visa or U.S. Permanent Resident Card(Green card) & a copy
* U.S. B1/ B2 Visa is a visitor visa that we do not accept.
- Iranian, Syrian, and Sudanese nationals may be required to submit bank statements or US tax reports for more than one year or over the past three months in addition.
4) Visa Fees (Cash / Credit Card / Money order)
- Please refer to this information. (Click)
*NOTE* For Mulitple Entry Visa
○ Countries applicable for multiple visas
① China: 5 years of validity / 90 days of stay
② Philippines, Vietnam, India, Myanmar, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Laos, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh: 5 years of validity / 30 days of stay
③ Mongolia: A person who has visited Korea (Visa-free entry records are not countable) / Spouse and minor child of C-3 multiple visa holders / A person who has visited Korea more than four times within two years or visited (total) more than ten times.
ⓐ At the time of initial receipt: 1 year of validity / 90 days of stay
ⓑ A person who has visited the Republic of Korea more than twice with a valid multiple visa for one year(ⓐ) and has good immigration records in Korea: 3 years of validity / 90 days of residence
ⓒ A person who has visited the Republic of Korea with a valid multiple visa for three years (ⓑ) and has good immigration records in Korea: 5 years of validity / 90 days of residence
○ Other countries not on the above lists are eligible for Single entry visas. (3 months of validity / 90 days of stay)
How it works; from applying visa to entering Korea
○ Complete the Visa Application form
- Attach your photo on the visa application with glue.
○ Schedule an appointment for visiting the Korean Consulate
- Click here for more information.
○ Visit & Interview
- A consular officer may require an interview of any visa applicant.
- Through the interview, your qualifications for the visa will be determined. You might be asked for additional documents while doing the interview.
* For the Mail-in option, you will receive an email for confirmation of receipt. (If you do not receive an email within 5 days, the application package may have arrived at the wrong address, or the email may have been spam-filtered. Check your inbox again.)
○ Application Review
- All visa applications will be reviewed for more than 14 days. (NO expedited process, NO exceptions.)
- The consular officer may determine whether your application requires further administrative processing or not.
- There is no guarantee that you will acquire a visa. Do not make final travel plans or buy tickets until you get the visa.
○ Download and print your Visa Grant Notice
- If approved, you can download and print your Visa Grant Notice on the Korean Visa Portal website(www.visa.go.kr).
- Generally, it takes 14 days from the submission date.
○ Entering Korea
○ If you have difficulty with making an appointment or for those living distantly, you may apply for your visa by mail.
○ If any information or documents submitted along with the visa application are verified as false statements or falsified, they will cause a denial of visa issuance and may prevent future visa applications.
○ Please note that not following the proper procedure to apply for a visa can automatically result in denial of a visa. Furthermore, any verbal abuse or unlawful behavior and actions are grounds for denial of visa issuance and may prevent future visa applications.
○ Sticker-type visas are no longer issued in your passport. The visa grant notice is your visa that you must bring for entry to Korea.