The Korean National Police Agency issues "Criminal Background Checks" for foreign nationals who have previously lived in the Republic of Korea and have requested it through the following procedure:
※ The Criminal Background Check which is provided through the consulate does not include your "lapsed records" and can not be provided for employment purpose of private companies.
Processing Time: 2 Weeks
Submission(Pick-up) Time: 9am ~ 4:30pm (Mon~Fri, Except Holidays)
Submission : Only in person.(No appointment necessary)
- Application for Criminal Background Check << Click to Download
- A recent passport size colour photo
- A valid passport
- A passport you used in Korea (if not same as the valid passport, if you don't have it please ignore)
- Prepaid Xpresspost Envelope from Canada Post (required if you wish to obtain the result through mail)
How to Apply:
- Prepare requried itmes.
- The information on the application must be legible; please type or print
- Visit our office in person to apply.
- Present the required documents. (e.g. Application Form, Photo, Valid Passport)
- After your application is submitted, the result will be available within 2 weeks
- The individual requesting the background check may pick up the document in person at the consulate after being informed through phone call
- if you wish to obtain it through mail, you need to provide us the prepaid envelope (Only accept XpressPost envelope from Canada Post, Please purchase it before you visit our office)