H-1 Status (Working Holiday)
The Working Holiday Program (WHP) was created under the mutual cooperation and establishment of the Memorandum of Understandings (MOU) between the Republic of Korea and the United Kingdom with the purpose of providing opportunities to individuals from each respective country to travel to Korea, while allowing them to earn and save money through short-term employment.
1. General Information
Eligible Nationality/Place for Visa
UK citizens residing in the UK at the time of application
18-30 years old at the time of visa application
Duration of Stay
Up to 1year from entry date
Permitted Duration of Work
Entry to Korea
Within 3 months after visa issuance
Work permitted without prior arrangement or approval
YES (25 hours per week, 1300 hours per year)
A person who intends to engage in job categories contrary to the spirit of the agreement/memorandum or domestic laws may not be allowed. For example:
Is scheme restricted to undergraduates/graduates
H-1 holder can take a class at private school and language course but cannot take a regular degree course at University
Annual number of UK nationals permitted on Scheme
Cannot be accompanied by dependants
Extension/Renewing of Visa
WHP participants are not allowed to be engaged in the following types of work:
- Activities such as dancing and singing at places where adult entertainment related businesses are carried out
- Work as a foreign language instructor
3. Required Documents
1) Valid Passport
2) One completed application form with one photograph affixed
3) Return Flight itinerary issued by a travel agency or an airline. (Applicants are advised not to purchase their tickets until their visas are approved.)
4) Recent bank statement for the last 3 months showing a sum of ￡1,500 and its photocopy (we do not accept mini statements or online statements, unless it is stamped by bank. We cannot accept bank statement issued more than 2 weeks before the date of your application).
5) One completed form of Activity plan (Please download and fill the form)
6) Criminal Background Check (Basic Disclosure or Subject Access form; Please contact your local police) with Apostille stamp from FCO
7) Medical certificate or doctor's letter issued within 3 months to confirm your health status
8) Visa Fee : Please Check the article "[IMPORTANT] VISA FEES" on the visa information page. H-1 visa is multiple entry visa.
※ Please watch this vedio to find out more about the program.