Kia ora, K-pop fans in New Zealand!
The NZ round of the K-Pop World Festival returns this year at the 2022 K-Culture Festival on Saturday 28 May - with performers competing for the chance to perform in Korea.
If you would like to take part in the NZ Round of the K-Pop World Festival and possibly compete for a chance to perform in Korea, then apply!
# Online Application: https://forms.gle/39rm7t6GDQ3nw351A
#1. Online Audition Deadline: Wednesday 27 April 2022 > EXTENDED to Wed 4 May
#2. Any non-Korean national living in NZ can enter! J
#3. NZ Final Round: 28 May 2022, K-Culture Festival @ Michael Fowler Centre, Wellington
You can enter the PERFORMANCE or VOCAL category as a team or an individual by submitting your K-Pop videos online. Please read the details below thoroughly for this year:
■ Type of Performance: Vocal / Dance performance
■ How to Enter
1. Upload your K-Pop singing/dancing video to YouTube.
Your videos must:
- Clearly show your performance under well-lit conditions
- Record your voice distinctly
- Editing songs, special effect techniques or cross-cutting video is NOT allowed
- Include tight, full shots of your performance
※ Please position your camera at the front and centre of your team to clearly show the overall performance and choreography
2. Submit your online application here: https://forms.gle/39rm7t6GDQ3nw351A
※ If your entry is for a team, include details for ALL team members
3. Entries close on Wednesday 27 April 2022
■ Online Audition Guidelines
a. Enter as an individual or team.
b. Maximum size of a team should not exceed the number of members of the covered K-POP group. (e.g. Team covering BTS can have up to seven people.)
c. Only ONE K-pop song is allowed
※ The song of choice at the NZ Preliminary should be the same exact song that you will be performing at the World Finals.
a. Enter as an individual or team.
b. The number of team members should not exceed the number of members of the covered K-POP group.
c. Only ONE K-pop song (Original song in Korean) is allowed for vocal category.
d. Record your voice(s) using instrumental audio/accompaniment without the original singer’s voice. DO NOT record your voice over the original singer.
1. NZ Preliminary Round will be judged from online video entries.
2. NZ Final Round will be judged by the panels at the venue.
3. Results of the NZ Final Round will be announced at the K-culture Festival.
4. From the NZ Finalists, first & second winners in the dance category and the first winner in the vocal category will be selected to progress to the World Preliminary Round.
1. The competition is open to residents in New Zealand.
2. Korean nationals are not eligible.
3. Persons who have both parents that are or were Korean nationals are not eligible.
4. Contestants must not be restricted from travelling overseas to be available to visit Korea for the Final Round in Korea.
■ Important Dates & Times
1. NZ Preliminary Round Deadline: Videos and entries by Wednesday 27 April > EXTENDED to Wed 4 May
2. NZ Preliminary Round Result Announcement: early-May
3. NZ Final Round: Saturday 28 May 2022, K-Culture Festival @ Michael Fowler Centre, Wellington
4. World Preliminary Round & World Finals: 30 September 2022 @Korea!
■ NZ Finalists are responsible for making their own travel arrangements. Please be noted that there is no assistance for traveling to the K-Culture Festival for the New Zealand Finals.
■ Questions and Inquiries
1. Contact the Korean Embassy in Wellington at email@example.com or phone 04 473 9073(ext. 103).
2. Visit the K-Culture Festival Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/kculturenz)