2018 K-Pop World Festival Regional Preliminary in Atlanta
The Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Atlanta is hosting the U.S. Regional Preliminary of the 2018 K-Pop World Festival for the third time this year. Please refer to the information below to join.
1. Date/Time : June 15, 2018 14:00
※ All participants must be present in person by 10:00 on June 15, 2018 for registration and rehearsal.
2. Location : Korean-American Association of Greater Atlanta (5900 Brook Hollow Pkwy., Norcross, GA 30071)
- Please be aware that there will be an online audition and only selected applicants will have an opportunity to perform or sing on the stage for the preliminary.
- To apply, film and upload your video to the YouTube. Then, send completed application (attached) with the YouTube link to email@example.com by June 1, 2018.
- We will announce the finalists for the Regional Preliminary in Atlanta on June 8, 2018.
4. Eligibility and Requirements
① Personal Status
- Must be eligible to travel to Korea.
- Must reside in the Southeastern U.S. area.
- Applicants with two parents who have held Korean citizenship are not eligible to enter. (Those with one parent who has held Korean citizenship are eligible to join.)
② Group Formation
- For groups in the singing category : Total number of dancers must not exceed 2 persons, no limitation on number of singers.
- For groups in the dancing category : No limitation on number of members, but matching the number of original performers is strongly recommended.
5. Results and Prizes
- Results will be announced right after the audition on June 15, 2018.
- Interview with the winners of the competition will be recorded on the spot.
- Prizes : Only the top winner from each category (Vocal and Performance) will advance to the next round which will be selected with winners’ video. The winners of the final rounds will advance to perform at the World Final Round of the 2018 Changwon K-Pop World Festival in Korea on October 5, 2018 as the U.S. representative.
※ The U.S. representatives will stay in Korea for 2 weeks for a variety of activities such as lessons for voice and dancing, and Korean cultural experiences. All the expenses for travel including round-trip airfare, accommodation, and meals will be offered by the organizer.
- Should you have any further questions regarding this competition, please contact the Consulate General via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attachments: 1. Poster
2. Application Form