The government of the Republic of Korea has introduced a new electronic passport (e-passport) system with enhanced security features. All new and renewed passports will be the e-passport from July 2008.
- You must visit our office in person to fill out an application form and have your fingerprints taken
- Bring your original passport AND a copy of the photo page
- Bring your original green card AND a copy of the front and back of the card
- Two passport photos (must be Korean-standard and size of 3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- Passport processing fee : $53.00 cash ONLY
※ Items subject to change depending on individual circumstances
Receiving your passport
- Due to the large number of requests, the processing time for the e-passport is 3-4 weeks. Once your passport has been processed, you must visit our office to sign and pick up your new passport. If you are unable to return to the consulate to pick up your passport, you will be asked to sign a waiver at the time of application.
- Please inform the passport officer that you would like your passport be mailed back to you after processing. If you do want your passport be mailed to you, you must provide a postage-paid Express mail envelope at the time of application. Plain envelopes without tracking receipts are not accepted.