* NOTE *
DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGIANL PASSPORT BY MAIL!!!
(ONLY the in-person option requires the original documents.
The mailed-in applicants should send the notarized copy instead of the original)
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING NOTICE CAREFULLY.
If your email inquiry is already stated on the notice, We might not be able to answer you.
Korean ancestry applicants may be required additional nationality documents(기본증명서, 제적등본, 가족관계증명서) to verify dual citizenship. (Proof of loss of nationality, renunciation of nationality, etc.)
- Please check your dual citizenship status with your parents.
*If you have dual citizenship, you are not eligible to apply for a visa. (You may issue Korean Passport instead.)
○ Mailed-in visa application is an option for those who have difficulty with making an appointment or for those living distantly.
○ ONLY In-Person Appointment is available for F6(Spouse of Korean Nationals) Applicants.
○ All In-person visa applications are being processed as a priority over the mailed-in ones. The mailed-in option generally takes 1 to 5 days more.
*PLEASE DO NOT ASK US WHICH OPTION IS BETTER .
○ Every visa application goes through more than 10-15 business days review procedure unless it is an official visit or urgent family matters such as wedding, funeral, etc.
*PLEASE BE NOTED THAT THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
[ How to apply for your visa by mail ]
1) PREPARE your application - Required Documents below.
a) Photo. (in color, passport-sized, taken within the last 6 months )
b) Application Form.
- Applicants who have received visa issuance certificates in Korea must fill out the form "Application For Visa for those in possession of visa eligibility certificate(Visa Application with the Visa Issuance Number)"(2pages). Others use the regular application form.
c) Visa Fees.
- $45 for U.S. Citizens. For others, please refer to another notice for fees on the consulate website.
- Payment method: Money Order ONLY (Pay to the order: K.C.G)
*USPS Postal Money Order is recommended
d) Notarized Passport Copy of Your Biographic Page. (NOT the whole pages)
- Should be printed in color, actual passport-sized (Do not modify the size.)
*The print should be in good enough quality to recognize, and the top and bottom of the passport copy must not be cropped.
- Passport should be valid for more than 6 months.
- We ONLY accept the copies notarized within our consular jurisdiction (Southern California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico).
*Southern California (10 County - San Luis Obispo, Kern, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside, San Diego, Imperial)
e) (Non-U.S.citizens only) A notarized copy of a valid U.S. long-term visa or U.S. permanent resident Card (Green card).
**We do NOT accept B1/ B2 (Visitor) visa.
f) A proof document that the applicant is living within our consular jurisdiction
- Bank Statement, Utility bills, etc. (issued within last 3 months)
g) Other Supporting Documents For Each Visa Purpose.
- Please refer to other Visa Notices.
2) SEND your application package, containing all required documents, to below address by certified mail service.
- Attn: Visa Department
3243 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010.
3) CHECK your visa status on the Visa Portal. (www.visa.go.kr)
- Check your visa status on the Korean Visa Portal with your passport information within 5 days of your visa package delivered date (Except the weekends and holidays).
4) Application REVIEW procedure takes at least 10~15 business days from the submission date.
- A delivered date of the package is NOT the visa submission date.
5) (After 10~15 business days) DOWNLOAD AND PRINT your Visa Grant Notice on the Korean Visa Portal website(www.visa.go.kr).
* Additional Information *
1) If your visa purpose is either for official visit or urgent family matter, you should provide an
official letter or medical certificate with other required documents.
2) Your flight, meeting schedule, or quarantine period ARE NOT urgent reasons for expedited visa
- DO NOT REQUEST AN EXPEDITED VISA BECAUSE OF YOUR PERSONAL SCHEDULE.
3) We DO NOT accept by e-mail.
4) If there are any missing required documents, we will not proceed until you send us that is/are
5) Please fill out your emergency contact info of the visa application form (section. 3) as clearly as
6) DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT FOR THIS OPTION.
- The Consulate is not liable for the loss of your original passport in transit.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO MAIL YOUR NOTARIZED PASSPORT COPY.
7) Once you mail your application with visa fees, visa application documents and/or visa fees are
NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-RETURNABLE according to our policy. Please do make sure you have
filled out your application form correctly, and be sure to send your application package to the