* NOTE *
DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGIANL PASSPORT !!!
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING NOTICE CAREFULLY.
If your email inquiry is already stated on the notice, We might not be able to answer you.
Korean ancestry applicants may be required additional nationality documents(기본증명서, 제적등본, 가족관계증명서) to verify dual citizenship. (Proof of loss of nationality, renunciation of nationality, etc.)
- Please check your dual citizenship status with your parents.
*If you have dual citizenship, you are not eligible to apply for a visa. (You may issue Korean Passport instead.)
○ Mailed-in visa application is an option for those who have difficulty with making an appointment or for those living distantly.
○ ONLY In-Person Appointment is available for F6(Spouse of Korean Nationals) Applicants.
○ All In-person visa applications are being processed as a priority over the mailed-in ones. The mailed-in option generally takes 1 to 5 days more.
*PLEASE DO NOT ASK US WHICH OPTION IS BETTER .
○ Every visa application goes through more than a 14-day review procedure unless it is an official visit or urgent family matters such as wedding, funeral, etc.
*PLEASE BE NOTED THAT THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
[ How to apply for your visa by mail ]
1) PREPARE your application - Required Documents below.
a) Photo. (in color, passport-sized, taken within the last 6 months )
b) Application Form.
- Applicants who have received visa issuance certificates in Korea must fill out the form "Application For Visa for those in possession of visa eligibility certificate(Visa Application with the Visa Issuance Number)"(2pages). Others use the regular application form.
c) Visa Fees.
- $45 for U.S. Citizens. For others, please refer to another notice for fees on the consulate website.
- Payment method: Money Order ONLY (Pay to the order: K.C.G)
d) Notarized Passport Copy of Your Biographic Page. (NOT the whole pages)
- Should be printed in color, actual passport-sized (Do not modify the size.)
*The print should be in good enough quality to recognize, and the top and bottom of the passport copy must not be cropped.
- Passport should be valid for more than 6 months.
- We ONLY accept the copies notarized within our consular jurisdiction (Southern California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico).
e) (If you are not a U.S. citizen) Copy of a Valid U.S.Long-term Visa or U.S. Permanent Resident Card(Green card).
- DO NOT NEED TO NOTARIZE YOUR VISA OR GREEN CARD.
*B1/ B2 Visa is a visitor visa that we do not accept.
f) Other Supporting Documents For Each Visa Purpose.
- Please refer to other Visa Notices.
2) SEND your application package, containing all required documents, to below address by certified mail service.
- Attn: Visa Department
3243 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010.
3) The Visa department will COLLECT your application package and email you a confirmation of receipt.
- You will be notified if any additional document is needed.
- Your application review will ONLY start after you receive the confirmation of receipt email. If your delivery is done but you have not received the email, you shoul wait for the email to check whether your application reivew has begun.
- If you do not receive an email after a certain period of time(generally 5 days), there are two possible reasons; your package has delivered to wrong address, or the confirmation email has been spam-filtered. Make sure to check your spambox and trash as well.
4) Application REVIEW procedure takes at least 14 days from the submission date.
- A delivered date of the package is NOT the visa submission date.
5) (After 14 days) DOWNLOAD AND PRINT your Visa Grant Notice on the Korean Visa Portal website(www.visa.go.kr).
- You will be notified if any additional documents are needed.
* Additional Information *
1) If your visa purpose is either for official visit or urgent family matter, you should provide an official letter or medical certificate with other required documents.
2) Your flight, meeting schedule, or quarantine period ARE NOT urgent reasons for expedited visa service.
- DO NOT REQUEST AN EXPEDITED VISA BECAUSE OF YOUR PERSONAL SCHEDULE.
3) We DO NOT accept by e-mail.
4) If there are any missing required documents, we will not proceed until you send us that is/are missing.
5) Please fill out your email address of the visa application form (section. 3) as clearly as possible.
- You will not receive the confirmation email if the officer is unable to recognize your handwriting on the form.
6) NEVER MAIL YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT.
- The Consulate is not liable for the loss of your original passport in transit.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO MAIL YOUR NOTARIZED PASSPORT COPY.