Beginning September 9,2015, photographs must conform to the following requirements.
1. Photos must be color neutral, size 35×45 mm, with a length of full face 25×35 mm
2. Photos must be taken against a plain, evenly lit and light background, without any mark or creases
3. Photos must be taken within the last 6 months
4. Applicant must be shown looking directly at the camera
5. No sunglasses or hats, except for medical/disability reasons
6. Photographs will be returned (and applications will be delayed) for the following reasons:
- The same photograph has been submitted as the previous passport, alien registration card, refugee travel certificate, flight attendant ID, etc. those were issued before six months.
- It is too difficult to judge that photograph is of the same person, (e.g. significant changes of face, hair color, lack of quality, without showing ears)
7. Photo Standards for Religious Apparel
o Head coverings(such as Hijab, Veil, Turban, etc.) are permitted for religious purposes under the following conditions:
- Facial features should not be covered from bottom of chin to top of forehead.
- Full face should be visible without any shadows.
- Full face, eyebrows, eyes, nose, or mouth must not be covered, yet covering ears are permitted.
<< Photo Samples >>
* Head coverings(Hijab, Veil, Turban, etc.) are permitted for religious purposes.