Address : Korean Consular Section, 60 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ
Phone : +44 (0)20 7227 5500
Fax : +44 (0)20 7227 5504
Hours : 10:00 - 12:00 [Monday - Friday], Close on Holiday Telephone consultation:14:00-16:00
Online Visa application form
1. General Information
- British passport holders do not require a Visa for the entry purpose of a short term visit (e.g., tours, visiting relatives or friends, attending simple meetings) up to 90 days.
- If you want to know whether you would need a Visa or not, to visit Korea, please go to the Korean immigration webpage http://www.immigration.go.kr/HP/IMM80/index.do
- You can apply for a Visa either by Royal mail(we cannot accept any visa application by airmail from outside UK) or in person. Or you can send someone else on behalf of you.
- You need to make NO appointment to visit the Visa section.
- Due to visa validity is for normally 3 months, for your schedule please apply for visa no more than 2 months in advance from the day of your entry.
- If you are not a British National, you have to hold residential Visa in UK to apply for Visa through us. (Make a photocopy of your UK visa and submit it with your application)
- The documents validity for visa application is three months only. Therefore, we cannot accept any documents which were issued more than 3 months before the date of your visa application has been accepted. Visa processing requires minimum 5 working days excluding delivery time.
- Note: If you apply for Korean Visa on Monday, you could collect it in person on the following Monday. This period does not include days for delivery nor bank holiday.
- You cannot hold your passport during the visa process. We will keep it.
- The cancellation of visa will take 1 working day.
- We do NOT provide ANY TRACKING SERVICE(You can check your visa progress by online, please click the banner "VISA APPLICATION STATUS" on the first page of our website), after you submit your application. If you apply by post, you have to check the delivery status on Royal mail website. It may cause delay on your application if you try to follow up your visa process.
- If you plan to stay in Korea more than 90 days, you have to have a specific reason to stay in Korea to obtain a proper long-term Visa.
- Please type or print clearly when you fill out the Visa application form AND DO NOT FORGET TO SIGN AT THE BOTTOM.
- If you are requesting a Visa by post, please be sure to enclose a self-addressed envelope marked with the correct postage to receive your Visa(s)
* The stamps on return envelope must cover the weight and size of all supporting documents.
* Please do not use franking service envelope or do not put prepaid sticker which has expired or issued date on your envelope.
- If there is a subsidiary company established in Korea, the president of the company as long as one has the necessary documents can apply for your work permit at the Immigration Office and obtain the certificate number of the Certificate for Confirmation of Visa Issuance.
- Need at least 6 months validity on the passport to apply for a visa
2. General Required Documents for Visa Application
- Regardless of your Visa status, these items have to be submitted in order to obtain a Visa.
- We can require more documents when needed.
- A valid passport
- A completed Visa application (Visa Application Form)
※ Application form will not be given at the embassy
- A recent passport photo (3.5 x 4.5cm, colour photo)
- Fee: payable to the Korean Embassy only either by cash or by postal order (Personal Cheques or Scottish pounds are not acceptable.)
- Please provide a self-addressed stamped special delivery envelop with your application if you would like your passport returned by post.
- Please prepare photocopy along with original documents if you want to keep the original documents for yourself after Visa process. (Submitted documents will not be returned in any circumstances except for the passport.)
3. e-Form Visa
- An applicant can fill out an electronic visa application form online and submit it to the Visa Portal(www.visa.go.kr) before he/she visits a Korean diplomatic mission in his/her country of residence.
- In order to complete the application process, you must print the e-form (with a bar code) that you filled out on the Visa Portal (with other required documents) and visit the Korean embassy or consulate general in your country of residence.
- After check this general information, please check other information for visa fee and specific articles for your visa which is categorised by visa type(from A-1 to H-1)
4. Other Visa Information
- ☞H-1 (Working Holiday Program)
- ☞F-6 (Spouse of Korean National)
- ☞F-4 (People of Korean Heritage) Visa
- ☞F-3 (Family Dependants) Visa
- ☞F-2(Spouse & Children of F-5 visa holder) VIsa
- ☞F-1 (Visiting & Joining Family ) Visa
- ☞E-7 (Particular Occupation) Visa
- ☞E-6 (Culture and Entertainment) Visa
- ☞E-5(Specialty Occupation ) Visa
- ☞E-4 (Technological Guidance ) Visa
- ☞E-3 (Research) Visa
- ☞E-2 (Long-term Visa to teach a Foreign Language) Visa
- ☞E-1 (Professor) Visa
- ☞D-10 (Job Seeking) Visa
- ☞D-9 (Treaty Trade Visa ) Visa
- ☞D-8 (Treaty Investors ) Visa
- ☞D-7 (Intracompany Transferees) Visa
- ☞D-6 (Religious Works) Visa
- ☞D-4 (General Training/Studying Korean Language) Visa
- ☞D-2 (Study Visa to Attend Regular Schools & Summer school) Visa
- ☞D-1 (Culture/Art) Visa
- ☞C-4 (Short-term Employment) Visa
- ☞C-3 (Short-term Visit) Visa
- ☞C-1 (Temporary Journalism) Visa
- ☞A-3(Conventions/Agreements ) Visa
- ☞A-2 (Official Business) Visa
- ☞A-1(Diplomacy) Visa