The Embassy of the Republic of Korea is pleased to announce that
2021 Global Korea Scholarship Program for Undergraduate Degrees
is now open for application. Please read the attached guideline
thoroughly and submit the required documents correctly.
1. Selection Schedule
o Deadline of Application Submission : Wednesday 7th October 2020, by 17:00
- we will not accept any application after this deadline
* Korean Embassy(Kedutaan Besar Republik Korea) JL.Gatot Subroto Kav.57 Jakarta
o Interview: 14 October ~ 16 October 2020 (tentative)
- Exact date and time will be advised to the successful candidates directly
o Result Announcement of the 1st round selection by the Embassy: November 2020
o Result Announcement of the 2nd round selection by NIIED: December 2020
o 3rd round of selection by respective universities: January 2021
o Final result announcement: January 2021o
o Please take note of the attached 2021 GKS-U Application Guideline.
※ Important Note
- Must submit application form(One set original only, No Need three photocopied
application documents) and Four sets Recommedation letters
- An applicant who doesn't submit all of the required documents in an appropriate
form will be disqualified.
- Documents written in languages other than Korean or English must accompany
a complete Korean or English translation, authenticated by the issuing institution
or notarized by a notary public.
- If an applicant has to submit the photocopied documents, the applicant MUST have
the copies notarized or apostilled and then submit the notarized or apostilled copies.
2. Embassy Track Quota for Indonesia : 5
ㅇ Age : must be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2021. (born after March 1, 1996).
ㅇ Must hold high School Diploma as of Marsh 1st, 2021, or must be expected to graduate
high school by March 1st, 2021.
ㅇ A person who have graduated a high school (including international school ) In Korea
or hold a bachelor's degree cannot apply to this program
ㅇ A former applicant who had withdrawn from the scholarship after being selected as
GKS scholar in the past is strictly NOT eligible to apply.
3. In case you need further assistance, it is recommended to take the following steps:
o Carefully peruse the attached Application Guidelines and FAQ again, which contains
comprehensive & detailed information on the procedure.
- www.studyinkorea.go.kr (Scholarship > GKS notice Board)
o If you still have difficulty finding relevant information, please refer to the contact below
- GKS Team, NIIED : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Universities: please refer to the attachment